List of Foods Containing Vitamin D
This is a list of foods containing vitamin D.
In addition to the sun, foods are a source for vitamin D. Some foods have the vitamin D naturally. Others have the vitamin D added.
Fish meat and fish liver oils have the largest quantity of vitamin D per serving. It is also found in dairy products like eggs, beef liver, cheese only in lesser amounts.
Types of Vitamin D
Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol is produced from the sun exposure on our skin.
Vitamin D2 or ergocalciferol is available in some mushrooms. It is also available in beef liver, cheese, egg yolks, fish and fish oils.
Some foods, milk, ready to eat breakfast cereals and juices have vitamin D added.
Perhaps the most important aspect of these foods is the vitamin D and glutathione connection. Yes, vitamin D helps boost glutathione.
Foods that Contain Vitamin D
Fish and Fish Oil
- Cod liver oil 10000 IU
- Raw Atlantic Herring 1628 IU
- Sockeye salmon, canned with bone 763 IU
- Pickled Atlantic Herring 680 IU
- Pink salmon, canned with bones and liquid 624 IU
- Pink salmon, canned, drained solids with bone 466 IU
- Raw Greenland Halibut 600 IU
- Wild Channel catfish, raw 500 IU
- Pacific canned sardines in tomato sauce, with bone 480 IU
- Instant Nonfat Milk, dry, with added vitamin A 440 IU
- Atlantic mackerel, raw 360 IU
- Sardine Oil 332 IU
- Eastern Oysters, wild, raw 320 IU
- Tuna fish, canned in oil, drained 1.75 ounces 250 IU
- LIver, beef, cooked 3.5 ounces 15 IU
- Shiitake Mushrooms, dried 1660 IU
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Nutrition for Women, Vanilla Cinnamon 342 IU
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Nutrition for Women, Golden Brown Sugar 335 IU
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Nutrition for Women, Apple Spice, dry 334 IU
Milk and Dairy
- 1 Egg yolk 20 IU
- Cheese, Swiss, 1 ounce 12 IU
- Dried Milk 312 IU
- Milk, dry, nonfat, regular, without added vitamin A 332 IU
- ROSS and SIMILAC infant formulas, low iron, powder, not reconstituted 316 IU
- ROSS and SIMILAC infant formulas, with iron, powder, not reconstituted 316 IU
- Enfamil LIPIL, infant formulas, with iron, powder 310 IU
- Enfamil LIPIL, infant formulas, low iron, powder 310 IU
- Enfamil, Lactofree LIPIL, Infant formulas, with iron, powder 310 IU
You should know that vitamin D is involved in glutathione production.
Beyond Foods Containing Vitamin D
Made in the Sun Vitamin D and more info on how our bodies make it.
A List of Foods With Natural Vitamin D
Boost Your Glutathione
GlutathioneDiseaseCure.com: The Foods Containing Vitamin D Resource
Help others get healthy. Share this on the Twittersphere.
The Diet Solution
Loose 10 percent of your unwanted body fat in 30 days.
Also boost your glutathione. Although not an intended outcome, this diet will help you boost your glutathione. I would only add one thing to the diet. Once a week and not more, eat one raw beet.
You can get started on a healthier you right now for free.Click Here! to learn how.